We aim to be a community where everyone is treated fairly and with respect. We want everyone to reach their potential, and we recognise that for some pupil’s extra support is needed to help them to achieve and be successful.
We are required to publish equality information as well as equality objectives, which show how we plan to reduce or remove inequalities or disadvantages.
Kibworth CE Primary School is committed to ensuring that it meets its specific duties in relation to current equality legislation. Under the Public Sector Equality Duty (PSED) we are required to publish information about how the school addresses equality issues. The Equality Act 2010 states that the following protected characteristics must be considered when making decisions or formulating policy:
• Pregnancy and Maternity
• Religion and Belief
• Sexual Orientation
• Gender Reassignment
At Kibworth CE Primary School we will;
• Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation and other conduct prohibited by the Act.
• Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not.
• Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not.
Due regard is defined as giving relevant and proportionate consideration to the duty, which in school means that:
• Decision makers must be aware of the duty to have “due regard” when making decisions or taking an action and must assess whether it may have implications for people with particular protected characteristics.
• We must consider equality implications before, and at the time of developing policy and taking decisions, not as an afterthought. These must be kept under review on a continuing basis.
• The Public Sector Equality Duty must be integrated into the carrying out of the school’s functions and the analysis necessary to comply with the duty must be carried out seriously, rigorously and with an open mind.
• Schools cannot delegate responsibility to any other agency for carrying out this duty.
At Kibworth CE Primary School we are committed to preparing annual Equality Objectives. These will be interwoven into our Raising Attainment Plan, Subject Action Plans, and our Accessibility Plan, and will contribute towards our drive towards providing exceptional schooling for all pupils.
Kibworth CE Primary School will publish information annually to demonstrate how we are complying with the duty, in the form of a review of the Equality Objectives.
Equality Objectives 2019 – 2020
These objectives will be planned for and met through our process of Whole School Development and reviewed on a regular basis.