Flexible Working in Schools
Kibworth Primary school is delighted to be the DfE Flexible Working Ambassador School (FWAS) for the East Midlands, South Yorkshire and Humber region.
Being an ambassador school, we can support trusts, schools and individuals with all aspects of flexible working. From a one off informal call, to helping to deliver training in your setting, we can help with all aspects of developing flex.
Examples of areas of support include:
- Structuring advertising and recruitment materials to include flex
- Integrating flexible working conversations into career development and appraisal processes
- “What is flexible working?” materials to support staff, governors, leaders and trustees in understanding the definitions and scope of flexible working
- Structuring the workforce – establishing flexible working roles in school including leadership, headship, SLT, teacher and support roles
- Support for colleagues working flexibly – strategies and approaches to get the best out of flexible working
- Applying for flex – guidance for employers and employees
- 1-1 advice and support for individuals
- HR support/advice for school business managers, bursars and school leaders
- EdTech and flex – how to harness the power of tech to develop flexible working
- Other flex requests – ask us anything!